Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Photo Post!

It's Finals time again, yay.

The Public Defender for our Circuit visited our school yesterday, gave a fantastic speech about professionalism in the courtroom. I wrote down a lot of his stories, what he said; will post them tomorrow.

In the meantime . . .

So I spent last weekend in total seasonal-change mode. My body seriously changes with the seasons. I don't know what it is, but it feels like about the best thing in the world. Unfortunately, my neck of the woods doesn't quite pay attention to "seasons" . . .




discovered while romping on zee beach


One day it's 89, the next it's 72, then 61, then 95. Whatevs, I've figured out how to jump-start my change: reading about (and looking at photos about) the beautiful beautiful Alaska. Then I went to the library and rented two "travel" tapes on Alaska. Then we watched The Edge (shot in Alaska - btw, bears scare the absolute life out of me). Then walked to the store, daydreaming in the overcast weather that I was in Alaska, and on the way, in our little lake/retention pond, saw an otter swimming around. An otter!! For a minute I thought I'd imagined myself right into Alaska. She had a baby otty in her mouth, and ran away when I didn't leave fast enough, which was sad. Hopefully she'll come back. I have no idea how she found our little fishpool.

Also got to meet a manatee!! (though not in ye olde retention pond, of course)






First one I'd ever seen up close. They really are like giant swimming cows. Cow pig things. So sweet and serene. But I think they'll be high-tailing it out of here pretty soon, as the nights are getting chillier. Oh and the sign said, "Do not touch manatee! $25 billion kazillion dollar fine if you do!" Can you guess what we did?

And even though most of our garden is shriveling up (or has been yanked up by enterprising coonies) -- on the back porch at least, life finds a way . . .






Extra points if you know what these baby vegetablelings are!! And yes, there are over a hundred little white cups all stacked in neat rows . . .

Lastly, I found $10 in an old coat pocket so got food from my favorite restaurant in the world:








mmmmmm, Thom Kha and deep-fried tofu with peanut sauce . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home