Monday, January 22, 2007

Trial Practice Workshops

One of my classes this semester is a Trial Practice Lecture + Workshop. I really lucked out on this one - I managed to snag the Workshops being held at the courthouse (as opposed to the school), as well as the professor who's coached the last five Mock Trial teams to championships. He's a prosecutor, but whatever. And then I managed to be assigned the criminal case, vs the civil! Yay!!! Seriously, the poison of civil paralegal work is part of what sent me flying to law school, determined never to draft another Operating Agreement again, ever. So yay!!!

I do have a major problem though, and I would like to ask for some advice!! How does one learn to successfully project one's voice? I mean, I know where my diaphragm is, and how to breathe deeply using it, but I don't know how to speak using it, or if there's anything else? Does anyone have any tips? I sound so quiet and I really absolutely have to overcome this!

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Put a tape recorder on the other side of the room and then start talking. You'll learn to recognize how your voice sounds when you're projecting well

9:03 PM  
Blogger i heart public defense said...

that is very interesting, I can definitely see how it can work. Thank you so much!!!!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home